Secondary School NewsJune 6, 2017
We give thanks and glory to the Almighty God for bringing us to the end of this third term and a successful academic session. We sincerely thank you all for your patronage and maximum co-operation throughout the session. It is our prayer that God in His infinite goodness will continue to abide with you and your family now and forever. Amen.
Kindly take note of the following important information:
- SCHOOL HOURS: School day starts by 7:40am for both Nursery and Primary sections and ends by 1:40pm followed by afternoon coaching from 2:00pm to 3:30pm. Learning starts from Morning Assembly (Kindly ensure your children are part of the experience). The Crèche will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Further arrangement could be made to suit your convenience.
- HOME WORK AND PROJECTS: We implore Parents/Guardians to always assist their children/wards in given assignments/projects and ensure that they are completed and returned to school as at when due.
- SCHOOL FEES: We sincerely appreciate you our highly esteemed parents for your efforts in the prompt payment of school fees despite the economic hardship. We encourage Parents/Guardians to pay complete school fees before resumption. In compliance with the cashless policy directive from the Central Bank of Nigeria, we hereby appeal that, payment should be made through any of the following Banks:
DO-ESTDOT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL’s account at
- Zenith Bank – Account#: 1011324556
- GTBank – Account#: 0018663311
- First Bank – Account#: 2005997761
DO-ESTDOT EDUCATION SERVICE LIMITED at
- Unity Bank – Account#: 0021134524
- SECURITY: The Security of the children cannot be compromised. Parents are expected to inform the school in writing, if children are to come home by themselves. Visitors and unauthorized person would not be allowed to pick up a child without a prior notice from parents and guardians. We beckon on parents to please desist from presenting cheque on bankrupt account as bounced cheque will no longer be tolerated.
- Kindly alert the school management whenever there is transfer of fund into any of the school’s account.
- SPECIAL INFORMATION: Parents/Guardians are not allowed to visit our classrooms during school hours in order to avoid distractions during lessons. Teachers are also not allowed to make or receive calls during class hours.
- PUPILS’ WELFARE: Parents/Guardians should endeavour to prepare the pupils adequately before resumption. They are expected to come to school dressed in neat uniform, school socks/white socks and black shoes. We appeal to parents whose children’s uniforms are worn-out to visit the school and purchase new ones.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: Pupils are permitted to mark their birthday in school. Gift items/party packs MUST be taken home for parents to decide on what they want their children/wards to do.
Note: Cooked food and ice-cream are not allowed please.
- DEWORMING EXERCISE: The deworming exercise has been slated for Friday 4th August, 2017 and Friday 22nd September, 2017. This will attract a fee of =N=500.00.
- VISITING DAY FOR BOARDERS: The visiting day for our pupils in the hostel is on every 1st Sunday of the month only. We implore parents to keep to this as visitation on other days would not be entertained except if called upon by the school. Any parent who could not make it in a particular month should please visit the next month.
- SUMMER SCHOOL: The school would be organizing a five week summer coaching from the 24th July to 25th of August, 2017. We implore our parents to register their children/wards.
- ENQUIRIES: All enquiries/complaints should be directed to the office of the Head teacher. We can also be reached by phone on 08164021382, 08138345023 or 08161309449.
KEY DATES FOR FIRST TERM 2017/2018 SESSION.
- Resumption for boarding pupils: Sunday, 10th September, 2017.
- Resumption for Day pupils: Monday, 11th September, 2017.
- Founders Day: Monday, 18th September, 2017.
- Deworming Exercise: Friday, 15th September, 2017.
- Essay competition (1st stage): Friday, 29th September, 2017.
- Mid-Term examination: 18th – 20th October, 2017.
- Talent show, Parents’ Forum/Open Day: Wednesday, 25th October, 2017.
- Mid-Term Break: 26th & 27th October, 2017.
- Examination: Monday, 27th November – Friday, 1st December, 2017.
- Festival of Nine Lessons and Carol: Wednesday 13th December, 2017.
- Vacation: Friday, 15th December, 2017.
- De-worming Exercise: Friday, 14th July, 2017.
- Spelling Competition (Grand Finale): Thursday, 18th May, 2017.
- Mid-Term examination: 22nd-26th May, 2017.
- Art Exhibitions, Parents’ Forum/Open Day: Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.
- Mid-Term Break: Thursday,1st& Friday, 2nd June, 2017.
- Revision: Wednesday, 21st- Friday, 23rd June, 2017.
- Examination: Monday,26th– Friday, 30th June, 2017.
- Prize-Giving Day: Tuesday, 11th July, 2017.
- Vacation: Friday, 14th July, 2017.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to feel free to discuss with the headteacher on how to move the school forward and serve you better. May God bless you and grant our joint efforts with success especially at this moment of economic recession. Amen.
Alfa Sunday Peter